Submit a paper
Submit scripts to the Turnitin assignment by accessing the respective page within your Blackboard course.
Once you have located this, click the View/Complete link. This will take you to the assignment inbox.
This is where you can view information about the assignment and submit. (You can also return here to see information about your Originality Report, if this has been enabled by your instructor).
To submit a file, click the Submit button.
Upload your work
- If you want to upload the file, move onto step #2.If you want to submit work by pasting text, change the type by clicking the dropdown and selecting Cut & Paste Upload
- Enter the Submission title
All students should follow the instructions on the submission page or student handbook for your school or programme for what you should enter.
- If you’re submitting via the cut and paste method, paste the text into the box provided.
- Choose where your work is stored, and follow the prompts to locate your file. Click on What can I submit? for information about the formats Turnitin accepts.
- Choose from this computer
Upload a file stored on your computer
- Choose from Dropbox
Link to your Dropbox account and upload a file stored there
- Choose from Google Drive
Link to your Google Drive account and upload a file stored there
- Choose from this computer
- Click Upload
This does not complete the submission of your work!
Make sure you complete the remaining steps below.
- You will see information about your submission, as well as a preview. If you are happy this is the correct file, click Confirm
- The submission is complete when you see this message. Make a note of the Submission ID as this is a unique identifier for this submission.
- Turnitin should send you an email reciept as well. If you don’t get this, make sure you check your Clutter folder in your inbox. If the receipt isn’t there either, you are able to download a PDF.
- If submitting via Google Drive, work stored as a Google Document will automatically convert to PDF before submitting to Turntin
- If submitting files via Google Drive, Dropbox, or uploading them from your computer, the file size may not exceed 40 MB.
- The maximum paper length is 400 pages
- Text only files (i.e. files ending in .txt) may not exceed 2 MB.
- In the file upload method of submission step 8 is critical. If the student does not click the final “submit” the file will not be submitted.
- Only one file per student can exist for each assignment. Students who would like to submit multiple papers will need to either submit to multiple assignments or combine the papers into one file for submission
Download a receipt for your work
- Go to the assignment inbox, see above. If you’ve just submitted your assignment, you can click Return to assignment list.
- Click the Download button next to the submission and choose Digital receipt
- This will download a PDF of the digital receipt
- Published: 4 years ago
- Updated: 1 month ago