Submit your assignment to Turnitin via Blackboard.
Before you start
Unless you are instructed otherwise, you should submit your assignment as a PDF.
Do not submit an Apple Pages file – your instructors may not be able to read them.
You should export your work as a PDF and then upload the PDF version to your submission link. Here is a list of the file types that are accepted by Turnitin.
Steps to submit your work
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to your assignment submission link within your Blackboard course.
- Click on your submission link to enter the Turnitin dashboard.
- To see more information about this assessment, click on the menu arrow next to Submission Link. Amongst other information you will see:
- your due date.
- if a marking rubric has been applied. If so you are able to download a copy of the marking rubric for your reference.
- To start your submission, from the Turnitin dashboard, click on Upload Submission.
- In the Submit File pop up, ensure that the Upload Submission tab is showing.
- Now attach your assignment:
- Click Choose File to open the file browser of your computer. Use the file browser to find your assignment file on your computer.
- Alternatively, you can drag your assignment file from your computer’s file browser and drop it onto the submission panel.
- When you select a file, you will see the name of that file in the Submission Title field.
- You can edit this text as required by your assessment instructions.
If your school has instructed you to enter your candidate number into the submission title, you can find this on your student ID card:
- When you are ready click Upload and Review.
- The next screen gives you an opportunity to review your submission before it is uploaded, you will see your file details and a preview of your file.
Check that everything is as it should be and when you are ready click Submit to Turnitin.
- The upload will take a few moments. When it is finished you will see a green tick and the words Submission Complete.
- The next screen confirms that you have completed your submission and offers you your submission receipt.
- Download and save your submission receipt.
Download a copy of your receipt
Turnitin WILL NOT send out your submission receipt.
We strongly recommend that you download the receipt for your records at the time of submission.
The submission receipt is a PDF containing information about the file you submitted, as well as the unique submission ID number. If your School hides submission links following the submission period you may not be able to retrieve your receipt at a later date.
Additional methods to download your submission receipts.
Are you having trouble submitting your work?
Turnitin’s help site has a number of things to check