The following are some things to keep in mind when using Blackboard Learn:
- Aston and/or your instructor may have disabled certain tools within the system which means you may not see all the tools that are mentioned in Blackboards help system.
- Blackboard allows the option of customising the interface. The names for some items may be different from those used in this Help.
The Main Interface
- A – Close icon: Click here to close the current course and return to the Institution Page.
- B – Course name: The name of the current open course.
- C – Breadcrumb: The breadcrumb provides you with a quick way to navigate around your course. Click the name to move up one or more folders at once.
- D – Folder name: The name of the currently open content folder.
- E – Course Menu: The panel on the left side of the interface contains links to all course content, such as Content Areas, individual tools, web links, course links, and module pages.
- F – Content frame: The larger area of the screen adjacent to the Course Menu that displays the selected Content Area, tool, or material.