The following are some things to keep in mind when using Blackboard Learn:
- Aston and/or your instructor may have disabled certain tools within the system which means you may not see all the tools that are mentioned in Blackboards help system.
- Blackboard allows the option of customising the interface. The names for some items may be different from those used in this Help.
For information about supported web browsers and operating systems, see Browser Support and Browser Checker.
The Main Interface
- A – Close icon: Click here to close the current course and return to the Institution Page.
- B – Course name: The name of the current open course.
- C – Breadcrumb: The breadcrumb provides you with a quick way to navigate around your course. Click the name to move up one or more folders at once.
- D – Folder name: The name of the currently open content folder.
- E – Course Menu: The panel on the left side of the interface contains links to all course content, such as Content Areas, individual tools, web links, course links, and module pages.
- F – Content frame: The larger area of the screen adjacent to the Course Menu that displays the selected Content Area, tool, or material.