Choose how Blackboard surfaces timely information in the Activity Stream, email, and push notifications.
If you have a Daily Notifications email, you can click the link to customise your preferences at the bottom of that and skip to step #4.
- Log in to Blackboard
- Click Activity Stream
- Click the Cog icon at the top right
- The Notification Settings panel will slide in from the right-hand side. Use the three icons at the top to customise the different methods of notification:
- Activity Stream
- Email (see tips on how to manage emails, below)
- In the list underneath, check/uncheck the types of things you want to be notified about.
- When you’re done, click Save.
When customising the settings for email notifications, you can choose to be notified as soon as possible, or receive them as a single email at the end of the day containing that day’s notifications.
To receive push notifications, you will need to install and log into the Blackboard App. Available for iOS, iPadOS, and Android.
Manage the emails sent by Blackboard
By default, Blackboard will send you a daily notification email at around Midnight UK time. You can use features inbox rules or Outlook’s Focused Inbox to manage what happens to these emails.
Both methods below will apply to all email sent by Blackboard Learn, including Daily Notifications, announcements, but also confirmation receipts of work submitted to Blackboard assignments.
If you have Outlook installed on your mobile, it will not send you notifications of these emails when you receive them, they will be silently moved to the folder of your choosing.
You can enable Outlook’s Focused Inbox and have Blackboard emails delivered to your Other folder. Read how.
Create an inbox rule
Before doing this, you will need to create a folder to contain these messages. You can then create an inbox rule in Outlook for the Web:
- Right click the email sent by email@example.com.
- From the menu, click Advanced actions, then Create rule
- Select the folder you want to move this and all future messages from Blackboard into, then click OK.
- If you want to run this newly created rule on existing messages in your inbox, tick Run this rule now in Inbox.
- Click OK
More detailed information on how to manage inbox rules in Outlook for the web is available on Microsoft’s support site, and Digital Services have more information about how to manage your inbox on Solve.