The Welcome Tab/Page (Institution Tab)
After logging in to Blackboard, you “land” on the Welcome Tab/Page (also know as My Institution tab). Across the top of that page you will also see a link to the Courses tab/page.
Modules on the My Institution tab collect information from all the courses you are enrolled in, giving you a total picture of news and activity for your courses.
- A – The Global Navigation Menu and My Blackboard are available everywhere in Blackboard Learn. Click the arrow next to your name at the top of the screen to access the following functions:
- All of your courses, as well as the Home and Help links. Users can change their settings, such as text size and personal information. The logout function is nearby.
- On the left side of the panel, My Blackboard pages display course communication, due dates, grades, and more. A number next to your name indicates how many new items are available. To learn more, see My Blackboard and Navigation.
- B – Tools: The tools available on this page roll up information from all of your courses. For example, Announcements shows announcements for all courses. Descriptions of the tools are available later in this page.
- C – Modules: Modules on the My Institution tab collect information from all the courses you are enrolled in or are teaching.
Use links in the modules to view information and navigate to those areas in your courses. You can collapse individual windows and drag modules to new positions on the page. The following list includes the default modules:
- My Courses: Access the courses you are enrolled in or teaching.
- My Announcements: Displays announcements for courses and from your institution. Announcements communicate important, time-sensitive information.
- My Tasks: Displays tasks added by instructors. You can add personal tasks when accessing tasks from Tools.
- D – Add Module: Click to view the list of available modules, such as dictionary, report card, and notes. Descriptions are provided in the list so you can choose the most significant. Your institution determines if you are allowed to add modules.
- E – Personalize Page: Change the colour scheme of the page.
The Tools Panel
- Announcements: Displays announcements for courses you are enrolled in and from your institution. Announcements communicate important, time-sensitive information.
- Calendar: Displays events that your instructors have added. You can also post private, personal events.
- Tasks: Keep track of work with tasks your instructors have added. You can also add personal tasks.
- My Grades: Displays the status of gradable items such as tests, assignments, journal and blog entries, and discussion board posts. When you access your My Grades page from the Tools panel, you see grades for all the courses you are enrolled in.
- Personal Information: Access and edit your personal information that appears to other users. You can also change your password, set your privacy options, and personalize your settings.
- Published: 4 years ago
- Updated: 10 months ago